Pediatrics is known to be the branch of medicine that take cares of branch of medicine which deals with the medical care and concerned of infants, children, and adolescents. The upper age limit of such patients counted around and about 12 to 21. A professional in Pediatrics is being known as pediatrician. Below are discussed some noted and famous pediatrician through out the times.
- Benjamin McLane Spock: He was an American pediatrician whose book Baby and Child Care, published in 1946 sell out in the market as one of the biggest best sellers of the time. He was the pioneer pediatrician who learnt psychoanalysis as to understand and learnt about children needs and family dynamics. His thoughts about child care made an impressive observation on generations of parents to become flexible and affectionate with their children and to treat them as an individual person.
- Dr. William Sears: William Sears is an American pediatrician and the author or co-author of more than 30 parenting books, most famous one is the “Sears Parenting Library.” He regularly arrives at various television talk shows where he is being learnt and referred by the name of Dr. Bill. His wife Martha Sears, R.N is among the leading proponents of the attachment parenting philosophy. More his extracurricular activities though related to career are BabyTalk and Parenting magazines and the pediatrician on the website Parenting.com. He was been guest to nearly more than 100 television shows including: 20/20, Donahue, Good Morning America, Oprah Winfrey, CBS This Morning, CNN, Today Show and Dateline. According to latest information about him, Sears lives with his family in San Clemente, California and operates a private medical practice in Capistrano Beach, California with his sons.
- Robert Mendelsohn, MD: He was famous American pediatrician who is known for criticizing his own profession. He also protested against fluoridation, coronary bypass surgery, licensing of nutritionists, and the routine use of X-rays. For 12 years, Mendelsohn was an instructor at Northwestern University Medical College, and was associate professor of pediatrics and community health and preventive medicine at the University Of Illinois College Of Medicine for another 12 years.
- V.N. Korovin: He was the Famous Russian pediatrician who along K.A Rauchfuss and V.N Raitz planned in the planning and organization of St. Petersburg State Pediatric Medical Academy better known as the Leningrad Pediatric Medical Institute (LPMI) and is a leading school of higher medical education of Russia and is the oldest independent pediatric university in the world.
- Florence Guinness Blake: She has reputation for contributing to the cause of nursing, especially, in the area of pediatric nursing and helped to the cause of graduate level nursing education especially for those who willed to work with children. She since from her childhood was inclined toward nursing and did Master of Science degree and became a nursing teacher.